Sunday, February 7, 2010

Self-evaluation Time

Wow. Is the first week of February gone already? My mom always says time flies the older you get. I think she is right on target about that.

So I was thinking it is time to take a little break and review my goal list to see where I stand:

Write daily - Wish I could say that is what I am doing, but alas, it is so easy to find other things to do. If I was writing daily, I would probably have another half finished ms on my hands. I need to remember that.

Brush up on style and grammar - I am still working on the copy-editing course that Mezzo Magazine is putting me through. I think that I am learning a lot from that course. It isn't as easy as I thought it would be. There are tests.

Submit - I am. Not to a publisher yet, but I have submitted to a couple of pitch contests, the Chase the Dream Contest (twice), and I am trying to keep up with some of the HQ 1,000 word prompt challenges.

Patience - is a virtue.

Read - I am a little behind on this. I plan to rectify that in a few minutes with the new Paula Graves book I picked up yesterday.

Out of writing closet - I can say I really have completed this task. Being published on Mezzo Magazine really helped this one. I was so excited that I shared it with everyone I could, including my hubby, parents and best friend. All of which did not have a clue I was even interested in writing. They are all so supportive, I wish I would have told them sooner.

Not too shabby, me thinks! Last, but not least I am so pleased to have joined a critique group on-line. They are a great group of ladies and I am learning so much from them already. I like a group versus one partner because there are several different points of views to work off of.

It's a good thing. Now, off to relax and read. Go Colts - you got this!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment