Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Toys

I will never be an e-reader. I just love books too much. I love the feel of the pages as I flip through them. I love being able to fold down the page when I pause for the night. I love the treasures that I have read lining up across my book shelf. You just can't curl up on the sofa all snuggly with a computer. I've tried. Doesn't work for me.

All of that leads us to my point. I got some fun new and used books off of Amazon that I hope are going to assist in the development of my writing, and I thought I would share them with you:

1. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms. Fun!!!

2. The Encyclopedia of Vampires, Werewolves and Other Monsters. It was the 'Other Monsters' part that caught my attention.

3. Romance Writer's Phrase Book - what romance writer wouldn't want this?

4. How to Write Romances - well, you gotta start somewhere don't you?

Do I think these books will lead me to fame and fortune? Probably not, but they will be great additions to my book shelf.

Also, let me give a shout out to my wonderful critique group. You ladies are making me a better writer and your input is more valuable than any book or writing course!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment